This is an invitation  for  High School Students Studying English  to practice reading and  fill in the blanks  with appropriate words.   Ten  easy  sentences and just select the BEST word to fill in the blank. 

Sample:
    Sentence 1:   I like to listen to music.  I can also _______ the piano.
         A. eat      B.  drink       C. play       D.  run                                           Answer:__C____


Enter your  first name only _________

1.   I am a student studying English.   I hope I can   _______ English when I meet a foreigner.
.
         A. play      B.  speak       C. dig       D.  food                                          Answer:______


2.   I am looking for the train station.   Can you ________ me find the train station?.
.
         A. yell      B.  beg       C. please       D.  help                                          Answer:______

3.   There are six classes in my daily schedule.   I think I have a lot of   _______ .
.
         A. free time      B.  homework       C. food       D.    money                    Answer:______

4.   To waitress: I like that food C7 in the window. How much does it _______?.   

         A. cost      B.  fresh      C. taste      D.  weigh                                          Answer:______

5.   I have two brothers and one sister   Do you    _______ any siblings?.
.
         A. speak      B.  grow       C. have       D.  run                                          Answer:______

6.   I was born in New York USA.     _______ were you born?.
.
         A. Any      B.  Did      C. How       D.  Where                                          Answer:______

7.   I am sorry, I don't understand.  Please _______more slowly.

         A. speak      B.  listen       C. shout       D.  hear                                          Answer:______

8.   I like to eat eggs.  The yoke part of the egg is  _________..
.
         A. black      B.  white       C. yellow       D.  clear                                          Answer:______

9.  My backpack is very heavy.  I think I have too many _______ in it.
.
         A. food      B.  books       C. animals       D.  water                                          Answer:______

10.   I don't like tests.  They make me  _______ .
.
         A. happy      B.  funny       C. crazy       D.  nervous                                          Answer:______





Write your ten answers down and send them to me  via this  Blog.

If you have nay questions, please let me know.

Your  Friend and teacher.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm really confused about how I should submit my answers :D
    One thing l noticed is that a lot of the questions can have more than one gramatically correct answers (like questions 3, 4, 7, 9...) and the students can argue if they are marked as wrong. For example, an exotic animals dealer can have a backpack full of animals :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Thanks Mariya, I se e your points about some multiple answers. Yes if Exotic (unusual) but how can 7 have multiple answers ? besides A

      3 and 4 seemed to be the most logical but I accept your answer.

      Yes no time to do the java script to accept answers, hide them and email to instructor.

      Delete
  3. B, D, B, A, C, D, A, C, B, D.

    I also agree with Mariya, some of the questions have multiple answers, even if there is one "obvious answer" you're looking for. In addition, some students might not know terminology like "yoke".

    Also, assuming you never implemented the private form submission, students can just find the answers to the questions from their peers using these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle I agree Privacy was an issue with my design. but it required much more effort in the scripting,, which required time that I didn't have.
    Points well taken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment